Lets be clear on something's first the new iMac has had its problems recently, Apple is holding shipments on the 27 inch iMac’s because the screens were not working right some were turning yellow and some kept flickering for some reason but people are saying that they got damaged during shipment.
A few specifications:
- Comes in two sizes: 21.5 inch or 27 inch
- A wireless keyboard and Apples new *Magic mouse is included when bought.
- iSight camera/webcam built-in
- In the back it has: 4 USB ports, 1 FireWire port 800, Mini display port, Ethernet port, Audio in/out ports and a SD card slot.
- LED backlit
- Pick from a 3.06Ghz core 2 Duo processor with a 3MB shard L2 cache or a 3.33GHz Intel core 2 Duo processor with 6MB shared L2 cache on both 21.5-inch and 27-inch models
- 27-inch models include either a 2.66GHz quad-core Intel core i5 processor with 8MB shared L3 cache;Turbo boost dynamic performance up to 3.2GHz or a 2.8Ghz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with 8MB shared L3 cache; Turbo Boost dynamic performance up to 3.46GHz; Hyper-Threading for up to eight virtual cores. AMAZING!
- 4GB (two 2GB SO-0DIMMs) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM; four SO-DIMM slots support up to 16GB
- Built-in AirPort Extreme 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking 802.11 IEEE a/b/g compatible
- Built in Bluetooth 2.1
- Hidden Stereo Speakers
- 21.5-inch models can have 500GB or 1Terrabyte 2700-rpm hard drive or optional 2Terrabyte 7200-rpm hard drive
- 27-inch models come with 1TB(terabyte) or a 2TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA hard drive
- All comes with Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard software
The new iMac is for real a beautiful new computer, It has all these new features built in to it over that its super fast nice to look at and is just a awesome computer. PC lovers have to give this computer some credit Apple has come a long way in coming up with this beautiful and fast computer.
Now the main question: How much is it?
Well this depends on what you want in your iMac but the basis: 21.5-inch basic no extra stroage place or anything(the cheapest its going to get)- $1,199.00
27-inch Basic- $1,699.00
Seriously would you buy it or would you stick with the normal PC?
The thing that people don't understand is that what you pay for the Mac is of course a high price but its quality, I am not going to say that a PC does not have any quality the new windows seven is a amazing machine but what I am saying is that there are overall less viruses for any kind of Mac. Mac’s stay with you for a overall longer time that PC’s do that's just how it works. I have a PC at my house but boy I would do anything for that Mac up there but after you go threw a certain part of your life using the PC you just get used to it sure they might be slow and stupid sometimes but hey god made Bill Gates make a Windows for the rest of us(or it sure does feel like that).
The new iMac is a great computer period no questions asked is what I have to say.
Images from Apple.com